The most recent version of Burn-P3 is available for download by simply clicking on the link below.
Sample Data Set
The test files are essential to perform the Burn-P3 tutorial, provided in the software. They also serve as good examples while creating your own files.
Your computer must meet or exceed the following system requirements in order to install and use Burn-P3.
|Operating System*||64-bit Windows Vista||64-bit Windows 7/8/10|
|Software||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0,64-bit Java 8.0 for Windows,Prometheus 6.2.2||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5,64-bit Java 8.0 for Windows,Prometheus 6.2.2|
|Processors||4 cores||4 hyper-threading cores|
|RAM||6 GB||12 GB|
|Hard Drive||10 GB||500 GB|
*32-bit operating systems are not supported.
Changes in Burn-P3 4.7
- Amended program to use GDAL file handling for raster based input files.
- Added the Replay list feature. The Replay list is a tool to allow repeating synchronised fire location, weather and burning conditions on an altered fuel map.
- Revised the input method for the various percentage based tables used throughout the program. The file names of the table are no longer stored in the BP3 file. Instead, the table data is stored and can be accessed for review or edit.
- Revised and updated the log file.
- Revised and corrected error handling for batch processing.
- Added the grass fuel load feature.
- Updated error handling and reporting throughout the program.
- Multiple fuel look up table changes to maintain consistency with Prometheus.
- Optional feature of using a distribution of daily burning hours instead of a constant number.
- Removal of Acceleration and Build Up Index options.
- Added Replication tool.
- Corrected a long standing bug caused when Prometheus resets the daylight savings upon fuel grid importation.
- Corrected major defect in grass curing.
Changes in Burn-P3 4.3
- Increased performance: This version of Burn-P3 runs much faster than the last. In addition, the user now has some control on the degree of computer resources allocated to Burn-P3.
- New fuels lookup table: Burn-P3 now uses the same FBP System fuels lookup table as Prometheus. Note that the colours have changed.
- Landscape properties: A new window has been added to the Landscape component. This window lists information pertaining to the area (dimensions and location), the mean elevation, and the time zone.
- Hours of burning per day: The user can now specify different number of hours of burning per day for each season.